Weekly Blogger Interview: Twaha Hamisi

Happy Friday! Welcome to our weekly blogger interviews on the Tanzanian Blog Awards. Today our special thanks to a very talented and promising young artist Twaha Hamisi of  Twanzania Blog for taking the time to sit down and answer these questions and make it happens. Welcome Twaha we are glad to have you here. Lets begin by telling us a little about you and your blog?
My blog is basically about inspiration, designs and lifestyle. In those subjects, you might find some graphical works, inspiring articles, entertainment news and cartoons, all done by me.


Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?
I am not a full time blogger. I just do it part time and I entered into blogging when I found out I have so many things to take out of my mind and heart. Provided that the people I wanted to share with my feelings and thoughts were most of the time on social medias, so blogging was the right channel for me.



What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topic?
Getting the audience from local context is the most challenging thing for me, because we (Tanzanians) don’t like to read about some staffs, much worse our lack of respect to local materials. As per my Google Analytic reviews, I get much attention from western countries. Getting the attention of the local audience is the most hardest thing for me.

How many years have you been blogging?
I've been blogging for about two years now.


What do you do when you aren’t working on your blog?
I am designing some still and motion graphics materials, reading books and watching movies


How many times do you think about your blog when you’re away from the computer?
Away from my computer, I think about my blog whenever I see something interesting/inspiring (which is most of the time), so it’s about ten hours a day


Who are your readers?
Mostly college students and graduates

Is there any other networking that you do to help your blog reach you targeted readers?
Yes. I have linked my blog with my online gallery hosted by the most popular online artist community called Deviant Art  also I use my Facebook page to increase traffic to my blog.


What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why?

When I was still in college at University of Dar Es Salaam and working at the same time at  Zoom Tanzania, I had to balance between studying, designing the website I was working at and getting the contents for my blog.

How do you handle it when you just can’t think of an idea to write about?

I just go online and stumble upon my favorite websites for inspiration. I always come out with fantastic ideas after that.


What is your strategy with your blog in general?

My strategy is just to make sure I get something interesting and present it in an unique way possible!


Is it bet¬ter to get facts from some¬one else, or con¬duct your own exper¬i¬ments for results?
For my blog, I just give out my perception of the reality. I believe reality is a relative subject, so I don’t care much about facts, but rather how I perceive the topic.


What’s the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?

Something to think about. You don’t have to present something as absolute true, readers should be given the chance to decide their side on an issue presented.

How would (someone) describe your blogging style?
Artistic.


What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?
Graphical Effects has been my key asset.


Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?
EVERYONE IS PERFECT, BUT THE WORLD:
It’s my favorite because I use the knowledge I get from reading my favorite author's book When Bad Things Happen to Good People (by Harold Kushner) to answer a question people don’t even bother asking. I think it gives readers some new insights on issues relating to some day to day life obstacles.

Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?

Locally, I look up to Issa Michuzi because he is so far the most successive blogger in Tanzania

Tell me about some of the people you’ve met while working on your blog?
I came across the owner of the Zoom Tanzania (formely known as www.everythingdar.com) Mr. Kirk Gillis, who contributed a lot in my growth both as a blogger and a creative designer.

Do you think you owe some¬one for com¬ment¬ing on your blog?
No. I don’t care much about comments for the time being since there is no proper comment mastering tool available on my disposal. It’s hard to keep track on them so, I just appreciate when you get something to think about from what I present


Is it worth reply¬ing to com¬ments on your blog know¬ing that most of your replies will never be responded to or even read again?
It worth it, because that’s what Social media is all about. Interactivity.

Have you ever thought of not approv¬ing a com¬ment because it is neg¬a¬tive know¬ing nobody will find out?

No. I respect every comment because it’s not a fact, it’s an opinion. Everyone has it!

Do you think peo¬ple who com¬ment on your blog with key¬words in their name are worth being replied to, or even acknowl¬edged in your blog?

I am blind to 'who comment on my blog'. I just consider whatever a person has to say.


Is it wrong to com¬ment on your blog under a dif¬fer¬ent name?
Again, I am blind to 'who say it'. I just focus on what is being said


Do you value every com¬ment you get on your blog the same, regard¬less of the con¬tent of the comment?
Yes

Do you believe com¬ments on your blog with more writ¬ing should be val¬ued and rewarded higher than com¬ments with less writing? Are you easily discouraged?

People can express much in fewer words and some can mean nothing in several paragraphs. Numbers don’t matter, I just grasp the views of the audience.

Are you ever will¬ing to edit an image you use in your blog post to make it look more appeal¬ing and eye catching?
Yes. Appearance is everything


Do you avoid post¬ing con¬tro¬versy on your blog because you have none to post, or you’re afraid some¬one might dis¬agree with you?

No. Disagreement is the source of finding the right way. I encourage criticism a lot!


Would you feel more accom¬plished if you got 20 com¬ments from “reg¬u¬lar” blog¬gers, or just 1 com¬ment from a highly respected “famous” blogger?

I blog for the people, regardless their status. I just respect the views of everyone.


Do you define your blog as a suc¬cess if you make a lot of money from it and get a lot of com¬ments per post?

For the time being no! My success fulness in blogging depends much on the impact my posts make to the audience.


Are you a “thinker” and “plan¬ner” instead of a “doer”?

I am all of the above.


Are you being as per¬sonal as you can with your read¬ers (pic¬ture of your¬self, small bio, etc.)?
Yes.


What are some of your goals this year for your blogs or where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 12 months, and 5 years down the road?
I am looking forward to revolutionize the blogging environment and try to get more attention from local audience.


Any specific tips you have for newb bloggers who want to make it in the blogosphere?

Blog about something you love and don’t focus on money initially.


What is the ultimate Goal for a blogger in your opinion?

Mutual communication between himself and the audience he wants to reach. Generation of money might just be the product of how well he nurtures that relation.

A lot of people are interested in blogging for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made?
You can’t make a very huge amount of money by blogging. I think focusing on something you love, will take you somewhere where you’ll discover a great means of getting money later on when you've already prevail in blogging for quiet sometime!
Thanks so much for interviewing with us, Twaha!  Good luck to your blog.

If you or someone you know would be great for our Weekly Blogger Interview, please email us at Tanzanian Blog Awards and tell us! 

5 comments:

isack said...

Ningependa kuvot blog ya Dada Sporah Show please na blog yake ya iMAGAZINE Labda mngemwambia ili atangaze ninauhakika angepata kura nyingi tu na sio kwa watanzania tu bali hata kwa fans wake wakimataifa na pia ingekua vizuri hao fans wake wakimataifa wajue kuwa kuna kitu kinaitwa Tanzania Blog awards, hivyo ujumbe huu ungefika mbali na kwa mataifa mbalimbali.
Langu ni hilo tu.

Ogollah B. E. said...

U go go buddy, U going places pal!

Twaha said...

Thanx bro, pamoja sana@Ogollah

Anonymous said...

This post could not be more precise!

Anonymous said...

ningependa mumhoji mmiliki wa http://teenswagz.blogspot.com/
maana kila habari yake ni nzuri
anamiliki miki blogs pia na ripotimasaki.blogspot.com.